Monday, July 02, 2007

With MINTY, every day is a dizzy delight!

In their choice of toy passions, my kids are very retro. Although neither Kerry nor I were into these, Liam's into the Transformers which started in 1984 and Erin is into the My Little Pony dolls which started in 82.

For a while with Liam’s Transformers, since all the characters have names and stories, plus I figured someday he might think it was cool to know which ones he had, I tried to keep up with the toys… and actually I still am but I know I’ll have to give it up soon.

Anyway, to keep things even and because I have an OCD side of my head that needs to come out every once in a while, I’m keeping up with the ponies… much more so than Erin herself.

I think her first was Minty who she got around 2 years ago… she used to play in the pool with it. She came up with another somehow… Glitter Glide, I think. Back then, these were just two of hundreds of little girl toys she had.

Then in May, when we were at Disney, we stopped by a toy story where they had a whole massive My Little Pony dress-up thing. She ended up with two more ponies… Cinnamon Breeze and Merriweather. Plus she got a bunch of clothes for them.

So now she has four ponies, not to mention Tra-La-La, a little pony that came with Meriweather’s balloon set. And instead of making up stories about Buzz Lightyear infiltrating Zurg’s asteroid fortress and Bilbo tricking Gollum under the Misty Mountains, I’m telling how Minty and Glitter Glide ended up sipping cocoa at the ski chalet when who dropped by?

Why Cinnamon Breeze, that’s who!

Things are never dull when Cinnamon Breeze is around! This lively pony is always full of exciting new ideas for having fun. She has so many ideas, in fact, that they come and go like the breeze—better catch the latest one before it's gone!

2 comments:

*ERIN* said...

Ponies are wonderful friends! They love to play together and have exciting adventures. They're also good listeners, and are always ready to help a friend who needs their support. Every year the ponies celebrate their friendships at a magical ball, where one special pony is named Best Friend of the Year!

PS- Cinnamon Breeze is a b****. Glitter Glide rules.

Jim said...

I assume you found that on the Net. If you didn't then you read it off the back of one of the multi-pony sets and I am frightened.