Sunday, September 24, 2006

I just got back from Vegas and boy are my arms tired…

It’s a good thing I went out there for the end of the trade show… things were winding down and some of the crew I was with took the “what happens in Vegas” thing pretty seriously! Just my two nights had me feeling wiped out the entire day I headed home. The whole city is a giant adult playground for endless drinking and spending lots of money and I don’t know how some of the salesguys did it for 5 nights in a row.

Actually I do know. People always say how they can’t drink the way they could when they were young but I don’t think age has much to do with it. It’s the tolerance you lose when you stop livin’ the viva loco. These guys probably pull a bender at least once every week… like I did back in the day when I could wake up after a night of carousing and go mountain biking. Now I’m lucky if I can stay vertical for longer than 5 minutes straight.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you have to say "Boy, I just flew back from Vegas...and are my arms tired."
Take my,...please.
FUDS

Anonymous said...

DAMMIT! ...supposed to be "Take my wife, ....please.
FUDS

Jim said...

Err... the omission of "flew" was kind of a joke. A little like saying "Let's make like a tree and get out of here."

Jim said...

Or "Why did the chicken cross the road? To hold up his suspenders." A little play on avoiding the obvious to amuse myself.

Mark once sent me a list of non-jokes with non-punchlines to classic setups. I can't think of any examples off hand plus a fire drill's about to go off.

Anonymous said...

I guess I should mind my own goddam bidness...
...I guess I forgot the family sense of humor.
sorry...
FUDS

Anonymous said...

Why would your arms be tired if you flew back from Vegas?

T

Anonymous said...

Because I'm old & pretty much out of shape. Why from 82-88 I was flying back & forth out of Munich & Tucson via LA 2 or 3 times a year & that barely raised my pulse. Maybe it was the German beer.
FUDS

Jim said...

Actually, Travis, it was only one arm that was tired.