We’re back from Bethany Beach, Jewel of Delmarva. Did the extended beach week thing. This time we stayed at a house about a mile off the beach but we really only slept there. Every morning we’d head over to the aunt’s place on the beach (4 or 5 times Liam rode his bike while I jogged alongside or rode my bike). Then we’d schlep umbrellas, chairs, shovels, and beach toys up to our spot and there we’d sit all day. I never used to like the beach because there was really nothing to do but with the kids now in my life, nothing to do is not so bad!
Actually, I hardly ever just sit and read. Most of the time I’m building sandcastles, collecting shells and rocks for Erin's various projects, or horsing around in the waves. One day, we kayaked on an inlet and since I need to find an upper body workout I can stick with, I may checkout the feasibility of doing this on the Chatahoochee.
One night, we dined on blue crabs smothered in Old Bay. Threw down an old tablecloth on a picnic table under the house (it’s on stilts). Added a bunch of cobs of corn and three rolls of paper towels. Tasty stuff but a lot of work...though I love these kinds of social meals where a lot of beer is drunk but I can only think of a few. Crabs are one. Wings are another. The only other one I know of is Hot Pot which I had in China where there is this big, boiling pot in the middle of the table full of yummy hot sinus-clearing spices. You put all kinds of things – veggies, live shrimp on skewers, raw beef, whatever – into this cauldron and let’em cook a bit then eat. Delish!
Anyone know of any others?
6 comments:
You mean you have killed those poor little Chinese shrimp but dipping them in boiling oil. I'm shocked!
No, no, no... I'd never do that! It was boiling water.
Ribs?
Hmmm... yeah, I'd say ribs fits in that category. Good call.
Jim
Let's see...Friday night fish fry in Wisconsin, any meal in Russia - with or without food - after all, beer is a good chaser for the vodka comsumption, nyama choma in Kenya, any typical barbie in Aussieland...lots of food-oriented excuses for beer consumption.
Mmmm.... nyama choma....rrrgggrrrgggaaahhh...
http://www.justinbrothers.com/Images/drooling_homer.gif
Post a Comment