The last time I posted about running was this.
I had planned to keep it serious for the Peachtree but my knee kept hurting so I gave it up. However I had signed up for the thing so damned if I'm not going to show up and do something but what?
And then... hallelujah!!!
I heard that the Hashers were going to have a pubcrawl during the run and, of course! What could be better? Why not combine my two loves... running and drinking... into one... running WHILE drinking! Sheer genius!
By Hashers, I mean this group of runners/drinkers (throughout the world, by the way) that I've always heard about and associated with certain members of over the years but surprisingly never really committed to in any form whatsoever until...
NOW.
I get off the MARTA and my starting time is around 7:40 or something (I can't remember) but I run south instead of north along Peachtree to a pizza joint that the Hashers are meeting at and sure enough, there are two guys sitting at a table out front and YES they are drinking beer. I go to the bar and buy a pitcher with thoughts that this is about the first time I've drank beer before 8am since... well, I was going to say since some frat thing where we were camping and had no water so had to drink Busch but damn... that was probably after 8 so who knows when was the last time I drank that early? But knowing my memory, I'll be damned if I'll claim it as a record.
So, to make a not so long story less so, more people show, more beer is drank, and most aren't signed up for the run and those that are aren't bothering to start at the starting line but I have a computer chip thingie on my shoe so after cheering for the wheelchair racers and the fast guys, I hoof it on up to the starting line a mile away and stand in the massive throng of racers... a-buzzin'.
Friday, February 19, 2010
Runny, Part 1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment