Saturday, March 20, 2010

Diamond Dave

Thursday I heard that the guy who played Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone, Fess Parker, had died. I do remember having a coonskin cap at some point in my childhood but I don't really remember seeing much of his shows. We did watch Disney's "Davy Crockett and the River Pirates" a few years ago and it wasn't bad for what it was.

Anyway, the first thing I'm thinking is could they re-do a frontiersman show? Make it serious and realistic?

The 2nd, Fess in the 60's picking up chicks in a bar "Hey, I'm Davy F*cking Crockett!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't remember a coon skin hat. sr

Anonymous said...

Jim,

This was way before your time. Think it was a late 50's or very early 60s thing and it was big. Every kid had one of those goofy hats, including me.

Dad

Jim said...

I'm pretty dang sure I had a coonskin... well, a genuine imitation coonskin hat.... I HAD A COONSKIN HAT!!!!!