Just about every summer, we make the long drive up to Delaware were my aunt-in-law has a house about a 100 yards from the beach spend a relaxing week or so slathered in sunscreen and sand.
Highlights of this summer's beachapalooza include:
In DC on the way up in the American History Museum, a laughing Finn decided to sample the tastes of the city by licking the main floor.
Liam was the builder and made sand sculptures of a slice of pizza, a crashed flying saucer, and a giant foot. Not to mention that he made a working crane from the remnants of an Erector Set from the 50's or 60's.
Erin was the mermaid and was tireless on her boogie board, spending hours honing her craft. Plus riding her bike around the neighborhood and and helping her aunt in the garden.
The first 2-3 days the water was like a lake and Finn completely ignored the ocean. Of course, the 4th day when the waves were insane is the day he decides to take an interest in the water but basically, he stuck to his mission to destroy his brother's creations whenever his back was turned.
On the last day, with the van all packed up, Cokes at the ready for the driver, toys and books organized in the back for the kiddies.... all ready to go, hugs given and byes made. I start the van in reverse and back up 1" - ONE INCH - and here "I gotta go potty!" from the back. I swear to God I am not making this up! I know, I know 1 inch is better than 1 mile down the road but it was hilarious... or would've been if it wasn't repeated every half hour!
Saturday, August 13, 2011
Delmarva-lous!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Other than the floor-licking incident (Mrs. Lincoln), how'd you like the American History Museum? I've been reading a lot of 'merican history and have been jonesing to go there...
Hmmm... I was kind of seeing it through a what-will-Finn-like lense but I'd say pretty cool. Plus there's so much else to see on the Mall and all free (directly).
JK
Nice garden!
Post a Comment